The vast majority of Americans who save for retirement do so through a plan provided by their employer — typically a 401(k). But we may have reached the limit of what our employer-sponsored system can do to support a secure retirement. Today, only about half of private sector businesses offer retirement benefits. And while about 140 million people participate in retirement plans, the proportion of the employed workforce covered by these plans has never gone above 70 percent.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning.
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, divided.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans.
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional.
- 12 taco shells.
Don’t brand livestock when their hair is damp or wet. A branding iron applied to wet hide loses its heat fast, scalding rather than burning the branded area. To apply a good brand, prevent the animals from moving as much as possible. This can be done by using a cattle squeeze or manually wrestling them to the ground.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE A BOX KITE
- Fine-toothed saw
- 4 wooden dowels 1⁄4” x 36”
- 4 wooden dowels 1⁄4” x 17”
- 4 straws that can slide over 1⁄4” dowels
- Household string
- Carpenter’s glue
- Duct or masking tape
- Lightweight construction paper (You can also use 2 mil painter’s plastic cloth, newspapers, wrapping paper or plastic trash bags.) You will need two sheets of material 11” x 64”.
- Kite string
There are 5,000 bowling centers across America, from old-school alleys where the pins are reset by an actual pinsetter to flashy multi-use entertainment centers with expanded game rooms. Even the White House has a basement bowling alleythis link opens in a new tab (though your handicap doesn’t matter: you get in only if you know a staffer). Here are some of the coolest.
The podcast boom of the last couple of years has been great. Podcasts on your commute. Podcasts in the gym. Podcasts while you cook. Podcasts as you stare into the void at 4am. Podcasts upon podcasts upon podcasts. There are more hours of podcasts out there than there are left before the sun explodes.
Which is exactly why we’re keeping a running list of the best new ones that come out this year, as well as pointing up new highlights from long-running favourites.